Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day Seven

Add ImageDay 07 - A picture of your most treasured item.

When I saw this topic the first question I asked myself was, "What would I save if there was a fire?" Obviously kids come first, then of course pictures/home videos, and hopefully I would be wearing my wedding ring so you know, that would be safe. Those are standard answers though and I decided to dig a little deeper. And I immediately thought of this:

(I have no idea why this picture won't rotate for me and I'm too tired to worry about it anymore.)

This is a quilt made from pieces of the baby clothes my 3 boys wore. I LOVE this quilt. I had the idea when I was going through their old things to give away now that I'm done having kids. It was A LOT harder than I thought it would be. So I put aside some of my favorite outfits and thought, "It would be really cool to make a quilt someday of all these clothes." One problem though. I don't sew. And I can say with a fair amount of confidence that I never will.

Enter, my little sister Nikki! How my little tomboy sister Nikki grew up to be interested in sewing I will never understand... But she took my box of cloth memories and made it into something amazing! She even blogged about her hard work here. So thank you Nikki! You are a gem.


4 comments:

Kim said...

I love that, what a sweet idea!

~Penny~ said...

That is a great idea! I love it. I also has a not so secret obsession with quilts....

Maleina said...

The sweetest blanket ever. That really is a good idea.

Terina said...

we have that same be green shirt...I love it too. This is a fantastic idea! I'm going to remember it!