Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Day 30

Day 30 - A picture of someone you miss.

I'm not really sure who I miss. Thanks to the Internet, and Facebook in particular, I have pretty much reconnected with every single person I've ever known in my life! Including friends from 1st grade, my 3rd grade teacher, girls I met at EFY, my old piano teacher, high school acquaintances, past boyfriends, college friends, etc.

Who is there left to miss?

So I'm going to get creative here and say I miss these people:

Aw...look at how cute we were. So young (seriously, we look like we're 12 years old), so innocent! We weren't even married yet and had no idea what the future held for us and we didn't seem to care. No kids, no mortgage, nothing! Our biggest problems were deciding where to go eat and what movie to see. Aw...I miss this carefree couple!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ohhh - that's the time I met you! Such cool people. I love you guys!

just call me jo said...

I just erased my whole profound comment. Dang I hate that...I said that you are right. We all have that younger, lighter, more fun person whom we've left behind. "You ain't never goin' back..." She's gone. People will tell you that you're wiser, stronger, smarter now. And that might be true. But you and I are never who we were in our youth and innocence of the past. That's just how it is, my friend. In my opinion, you are right to mourn the loss--for a minute or two every once in a while. But it doesn't serve any positive purpose to dwell on her too long. She's gone. He's gone. The young me--GONE. That's life and I think we all miss that self once in a while.