Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 16

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.

There are a lot of people who inspire me in different ways. But I have to say that the two people who come to mind first are my Mother-In-Law and my Sister-In-Law! Yes, that's right, I said my Mother-In-Law! I really lucked out in the in-law department. I consider these two ladies to be two of my best friends.

I admire "J1" (MIL) because she is just amazing. She raised 8 kids and still has her sanity intact! Whenever I'm having a bad day with just my 3 boys, I think to myself, "J1 had 8 kids in just 12 years..." And somehow that just makes me feel better. She is funny, wise, compassionate, patient, and fair. I know that last one sounds funny but she really knows how to take a situation that everyone might be caught up in the "emotion" of, and look at it rationally and bring everyone back down to earth. I think she might be a judge with her own TV show in her next life... I really value her opinion and outlook on things. I just love to spend time with her and we always have so much fun together.

And of course, her daughter "J2" has a lot of these same traits her mom has! J2 has 3 boys just like I do, but is infinitely more patient than I am! She is a great cook, spends quality time with her boys, is talented and '"crafty". She goes out of her way to help people and tries to see the positive in difficult situations. I admire and trust her so much, I've even asked her to take my own 3 boys in the event I kick the bucket before they're grown! I can't think of a better mother for them if I can't be around to raise them. Hopefully someday we can live closer to each other!

All right, our family isn't the sappy sentimental type so I'll end this post with a picture that cracks me up every time I see it. Hopefully they don't kill me for this!
Oh they're so "essy"!

No comments: