Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Day 23

Day 23 - A picture of your favorite book.

One of my favorite things to do is read! I'm even named after a book my mom was reading while pregnant with me. I've read it and it's pretty good, if I do say so myself.
Anyway, it's hard to narrow all the books I've read down to a "favorite". But I can say that I don't think I've ever been so engrossed in a story as I was with this series:
I could NOT put these books down once I started reading. I thought about them when I didn't have time to read, I even dreamed about them (some seriously messed up dreams BTW)! I heard they are making a movie based on the series and I'm excited/nervous about this. I actually liked the Twilight books until they made the movies. Now I can't get the horrible acting/ugly actors out of my head. I'm not saying that Twilight was fine literature, because it most definitely was NOT. I enjoyed the story though until they made the movies.

So I'm afraid of what the big screen is going to do to this series. Nothing will ever compare to what I've imagined in my head!

4 comments:

nikki said...

i had messed up Hunger Games dreams too! freeeeaky! i loved these books until Mockingjay came out. what a disappointment. Matt's been keeping up with who they're picking for actors in the movie and he wants Hailee Steinfeld to be Katniss.

just call me jo said...

I have always loved the book "Christy." I liked the Hunger Games too until Mockingjay. That was the worst book I've EVER read. And I've read some bad ones. What a sell out! But I'm glad you like them. Everyone is different, huh.

AZ Larsens said...

Yeah Mockingjay was not my fave, but I did like the series in general.

wendy said...

the twilight movies ruined it for me too. I especially despise Jakes character. His voice is like nails on a chalk board! He is nothing like I pictured and I would rather James character play Edwards character. I can't think of his name right but I really like him. I'll have to check out the Hunger games series, I've heard so much about it.