Saturday, March 19, 2011

Doin' it up right!

Yes, another holiday that we make a big deal of here in the Larsen household!
First we get dressed in all green of course. Wouldn't want to get pinched now would we?
Oops, I think we're missing one!
Ah, there he is! The little lephrechans enjoyed a breakfast of green waffles, and green milk.
Even Mommy had to make sure she showed her true St. Patty's Day spirit. Luckily, I discovered I had green nail polish!
And...green hair spray! I tried to get the boys to do it but they wouldn't! So I told them Mommy was gonna do it and they wouldn't believe me. Well of course, I had to prove how cool their mom was right? I thought if I did it, they would want to join in. NOPE! Instead J.J. asked me if I would put a hat on it when we had to go run some errands. haha! Can you believe I ran all over town like this and NOBODY commented on it all day? Not until J.J.'s baseball practice that evening did another mother tell me she liked it! Makes me want to do more outlandish things with my appearance just to see waht I can get away with.
Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures of my shamrock lights I had up in our family room, the window stickers with clovers, a rainbow, and a pot of gold, and the "Ireland" sign I had hanging up in our kitchen. Oh well, there's always next year! The green food continued at lunch with green applesauce. I was going to make potato soup for dinner and dye it green but...I ran out of green food coloring! I used the rest when I made these babies.
Oh yes, green velvet cupcakes! They were delish.

Happy Saint Patrick's Day!



No comments: