Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day

I like to go all out for holidays. I've accepted this about myself. Josh teases me about it and thinks it's a little ridiculous...but I think he secretly likes it and I KNOW my boys love it. This year at Target I saw these SUPER cute mailboxes in the dollar section and immediately wanted them. But what to do with them? Then inspiration hit. I quickly snagged 5 of them and good thing because when I went back to Target the next day, they were all gone.
We put them to good use by leaving each other "love notes" throughout the weeks leading up to V-Day. Sometimes, the boys even found extra surprises in their boxes! One day some Valentine's snow globes, the next a little heart puzzle, heart cups, etc. Let's just say I went a little crazy clearance shopping the year before and this was the perfect way to deliver some of the things I bought.
Some of the other decor:
Another tradition I love is I give each of my boys (all 4 of them!) a giant decorated sugar cookie.
I also gave the boys some Pixos and Pez. What more could you ask for on Valentine's Day?

For my main Valentine, I made a candy message on a poster board. I'd post it in here but...it's kind of R-rated.

Happy Valentine's Day!




4 comments:

nikki said...

R rated candy poster hahaha! Matt got something in his basket that was a little scandalous too so i didn't show that in my pictures!

Unknown said...

What a cute mommy/wife!! Love it!

~Penny~ said...

R-rated or X-rated!! hahahaha....awesomeness

wendy said...

i love this! thanks for blogging about cuz they are great ideas. I love the cookie the best!