Thursday, February 24, 2011

President's Day

Who celebrates President's Day? Come on, anyone? Yup, just as I thought...NOBODY celebrates President's Day except maybe mattress stores or car dealerships looking for an excuse to have a big sale.

Well here in the Larsen household, we know how to give proper respect to our forefathers.

We started the day off right by having cupcakes for breakfast! Hey any excuse to have cake right? We even sang "Happy Birthday" to good ole Washington and Lincoln.

Josh worked very hard on the decor. I woke up to this giant face being stapled on my kitchen wall. (if you look closely, you can see those are 9 regular sized pieces of paper that he printed and taped together)
Josh also won the boys' "Parent of the Year" award for making the boys their own President's Day coloring books, and a President's Day word search.
Why did we go through all this trouble you ask?

I think the expression on Trey's face is explanation enough!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That is awesome! Did you use up an ink cartridge for that stellar portrait of Lincoln? I'll take cake for breakfast any day!

~Penny~ said...

You are so inspirational! Seriously, I hope one dy I will this awesome of a mom!