Sunday, February 27, 2011

Day Five

Day 05 - A picture of your favorite memory.

Oh boy, another tough one. I have a lot of favorite memories. I was going to blog about the 10 year anniversary cruise Josh and I went on last October. But I decided that deserves a blog post of its own.

One memory I do want to acknowledge is fishing with my brother. Let me start off by saying that I'm not a fan of fishing. My dad is an avid outdoorsman and we camped quite a bit while I was growing up. And one of the first rules of hunting/fishing is "you kill it, you eat it". Well, I hate eating fish. So do you see my dilemma? If I did go fishing, I knew that if I caught anything, I had to eat it. Um, no thanks! So instead, my brother Derek would fish, and I would find a "comfy rock" to sit on while we talked and joked around for hours and hours.

This picture was taken the Summer of 1998, but we had been "fishing buddies" for years by that point. Sadly I think this was the last time we got to fish together! This was the last Summer I came home for college, and after that Derek left for his mission, then I got married, he came home from his mission and then he got married, I had a kid, he got divorced and remarried, then joined the Army, I had a couple more kids, then he had a couple kids, then he deployed to Afghanistan, he came home safely and had another kid...now he lives across the country! Next thing you know, 13 years has gone by. I'll always remember the time we spent on that comfy rock though!

Love ya "little" bro!



1 comment:

wendy said...

wow is all i can say.