Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A post about nothing and Craigslist.

I really don't have anything specific to blog about today. A lot is going on but nothing I feel like writing about. At least not in a blog where people I actually know are going to be reading it. Sometimes I feel like it would be fun to have a totally anonymous blog, where I could REALLY let loose.

Anyway, I guess I just wanted to make sure I blog for this week. I'm still working on my NYR goals I set. I kinda fell of my running, only ran once the last 10 days. But tomorrow I'm determined to get back into it.

Wow, I really have nothing to say. I have resorted to writing about my running, which is even boring me. I want to do a post on our Valentine's Day and the cute things I did for the boys but I can't find the cord to download the pics and well...it's a post that needs pictures.

Oh I know one thing I really want to get off my chest. I HATE CRAIGSLIST BUYERS. That's right, those fickle stupid people who SAY they want to buy something, set up a time and price, and you might even speak to them on the phone. Meanwhile, other people message you expressing interest in your item, but you tell them it's already been sold. Then the idiot buyer NO SHOWS. Not only no shows, but doesn't send you a message saying, "I changed my mind," or even answer their freaking phone when you call them asking why they are an hour late to pick up their item. And when you leave a message saying, "Hey, just wondering where you are, it's 5:30 and you said you'd pick it up at 4:30. Just give me a call and let me know. If you changed your mind that's fine too, just let me know so I can sell it to someone else!" How about you freaking ANSWER YOUR PHONE, or call back. Inconsiderate idiots.

Yup, guess I do have something to blog about after all.

4 comments:

wendy said...

love it, thats funny about Craigslist! It us such a hassle dealing w/strangers. I agree about the anonymous blog...I could just start a journal but that's just one more thing I would never get done on my never-ending to-do list.

nikki said...

while we closed the store i decided something new about craigslist, first come first served. its the only way i survived those last 2 weeks! i could write you a book about all the emails i got from people and then they never actually showed. think about it...first come first served. sounds pretty good doesn't it??

~Penny~ said...

I know how you feel about the anonymous blog. Although only 1 person from my "real" life reads my blog, its hard to keep it real sometimes, like I use to when I kept my distance from everyone.

Oh well. I guess if I REALLY had anything to say, I would start an anon blog. Again.

Megan said...

I agree about the first-come, first-served deal with Craigslist. That's the only way to do it. In fact, I've never seen anyone be so considerate as to hold an item they haven't been paid for. Most sellers we've seen say, "hey, if you can get here with cash first then it's yours." You're too nice, Christy!