Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I'm very pretty.

Today while in line at Costco for hot dogs, a very stooped, very old man walked up behind me. He glanced at me, did a double take, and then said, "Well, you're very pretty!" I thanked him, probably blushed, and then...didn't know what to do. For the next 10 minutes I stared straight ahead and felt awkward while he snorted, grunted, and sounded like he was having trouble breathing behind me. Poor guy...

I have to admit, it kind of made my day in a weird sort of way. I mean of course "J" tell me I'm pretty but he's my husband, I think he sort of has to right? I mean I know he means it but still, he would probably tell me I'm pretty even if I wasn't. (Thanks honey!) But coming from a stranger, even an old man, was surprisingly flattering.

Thank you Old Costco Man!

2 comments:

*MARY* said...

Oh, how sweet.
My kids tell me I'm pretty all the time, and it has nothing to do with the candy I give them afterwords.

Denisse said...

aaawwww! That is so cute!