Friday, March 26, 2010

I live to disappoint!

Yesterday on the way to T-Ball practice:

B: Mommy, what is that fun store! It says "Kids, Inc." on it! Can we go?
Me: No. It's not a store, it's a daycare.
B: Oh. What's a daycare?
Me: Well, you know how Mommy works at home on the computer every day?
B: Yeah.
Me: I do that so I can stay home with you guys. Some mommies and daddies can't work at home, so they have to take their kids to daycare to be taken care of while they're at work.
B: You mean they get to go there everyday?
Me: Yup.
B: Oh... Wow, they're so lucky!!!

I'm so happy that my sacrifices are being appreciated. After all, who cares that my college degree is completely wasted and I'm working a menial low-paying job at home? My reward is that I'm keeping my kids from having FUN at daycare! mwahahaha...

3 comments:

*MARY* said...

We used to live right next to a daycare and would walk by it everyday. I always had to run really fast, pushing the stroller by the daycare so my kids would get the message that "NO, we're not going there today, see mommy's running, so don't even ask."

Unknown said...

LOL! Your boys are so funny. They will appreciate it one day. My mom used to make homemade whole wheat bread.... I felt so picked on because my friends had store bought white bread (which I don't like now). How I'd LOVE to have her fresh, healthy bread made for me every 3 days.

wendy said...

Hmmm, the grass is always greener, huh?