Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Alstroemeria anyone?

My son "S" will not eat. He is my runt of my litter of boys. They all came out the same, all 8 lbs. and some odd ounces. But my older two were HUGE babies. See? Just look at "T"'s chubs!

Then there's my baby "S". He won't eat any of the foods that most 2 1/2 year olds like. No chicken nuggets, no mac n' cheese, no pizza! No PB&J sandwiches, no spaghetti, no hot dogs, no meat of any kind, and nothing with bread. Seriously, this kid drives me crazy.

He will eat: applesauce, yogurt, some dry cereal, crackers, pretzels, bananas, and raisins. That's pretty much it. Oh yes and let's not forget chips and candy, he LOVES that junk. Mean old mom won't let him have that though.

So imagine my surprise when today while I was loading my groceries on the belt at the checkout line, when I turn around and see him happily eating this:
"S" was happily plucking the petals off an alstroemeria flower bunch and eating them like candy. Hopefully it's not poisonous. I caught him with one petal hanging out of his mouth and tried to pull it out and he was like a pit bull with that flower petal! Would NOT let it go.

So anyway, I guess I have one more thing I can add to his daily menu.

3 comments:

Alicia Curtis said...

That is HILARIOUS!!!!!! Those are completely edible, by the way. Just an expensive salad.

My dad eats chrysanthemums and carnations whenever they are sitting on the counter. Its funniest to do it when guests are over cuz it totally throws them for a loop. They taste pretty good, actually.

Holly said...

Hahahahaha! Whodathunkit? The picky eater eats the weird crap! Maybe time to get creative with him!

Unknown said...

That's funny! You'd think that behind a Larsen that our kids wouldn't be so picky. Hopefully they grow out of it.
LOVE that picture of T aka Chris!