Saturday, August 9, 2008

1st Day of Kindergarten!

Can you believe that J.J.'s school started August 6th? I remember when we used to start school in September. It just keeps getting earlier and earlier... Not that I'm complaining. :)

My baby started Kindergarten. He was SO good about it, I couldn't believe it. After his episodes of screaming bloody murder and having anxiety attacks every day of summer preschool, I was very nervous about how this whole Kindergarten thing would go. On Monday night, we went to a "Meet the Teacher" thing in his new classroom, so he was able to see where school would be, and meet his teacher. I REALLY think that helped a lot. Then we went over and over and over what we would do when I dropped him off Wednesday morning.

All our preparation proved for a VERY smooth first day! And he was so cute, I could hardly stand it. He looked so grown up and although I promised myself I wouldn't cry, I was very close to tears. Part of me is very ready for him to be in school 5 days a week, but the other part of me keeps getting flashback pictures of him as a baby and I can't believe this day has come. I really hope he does well. I hope he loves school and loves learning. I hope he makes friends and loves his teacher. I hope other kids don't make fun of him. I hope his teacher loves him and appreciates his personality.

The traditional first day of school picture by the front door:
Happy and excited in the car:

Checking to make sure his name tag is on:

Lining up:




1 comment:

Jenny said...

They grow up to fast!! I have been thinking those very same thoughts. I wonder if they will get fun of, etc. I think Matthew is sick of hearing my worries. You just hope you taugh them well! He sure is a cutie! I love the line picture.