Monday, August 18, 2008

Big Mouth

The things Trey says. I have no words for them.

Today we were walking into CVS, and this poor old lady was walking out at the same time. We stopped to let her get through the door first. She was stooped over, walking very slowly, very wrinkled, white hair, etc. Yet, she smiled sweetly at us as she hobbled past. Suddenly Trey opened his mouth and started stuttering, "Tha- tha- tha- tha-..."

I knew something embarrassing was coming. I quickly grabbed his hand and said, "Okay, come on, let's go get a cart!" He would not be distracted. He kept trying to say what he wanted to say, talking louder and louder over my frantic attempts to distract him and change the subject before it began. Suddenly he burst out:

"THAT LADY LOOKS YUCKY!!!"

Oh. My. Freaking. Heck. I wanted to disappear. I'm sure my face was bright red, and not because it was 100+ degrees outside. I rushed into the store and didn't look back, just hoping and praying that poor old woman had poor old hearing. Needless to say, we had a talk about being nice and not hurting other people's feelings. Again. And I'm sure this won't be the last time.

*sigh* No matter what he says though, I still love this face.

6 comments:

Rachel Hanchett said...

I feel you pain! We have been trying teach Rory about modesty... she has the concept down pretty well...which means she tells me everyone she see that isn't modest! " Mom, that lady isn't modest" and she is not a quiet child! We've had the same discussion about not wanting to hurt people's feelings!

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Hey Christy, Don't worry I don't think that you are a crazy. You also have a cute family. All boys has got to be crazy! My husband is one of six boys and hearing the stories they tell me I'm not sure I want anymore boys. LOL. Well comment again if you want I can always use a new blog friend especially since I talk to a bunch of 2 year olds all day.
-UT Larsen's

Jenny said...

Oh Christy! That makes me laugh so hard...only because it is not my child. The things that kids say!

Unknown said...

Oh little Trey...you crack me up!

Denisse said...

Oh my heck Christi!!! I'm laughing so hard!!!! How can you not laugh at the things they say sometimes!!!! Oh man!!! What a cutie! You are a good mommy though for talking to him about it!!! (It is pretty funny though!!!!) ha ha ha ha!!!!

Anonymous said...

waaaa hahahaha... that's funny... Trey's very aware, and responsive... the only difference between them and we, is that we say it after they're gone, they say is right there... hahahaha