Saturday, August 9, 2008

Aspen Grove Family Reunion

We had a family reunion for my mom's side of the family July 26th - Aug. 1st. It was held at a BYU run family camp called Aspen Grove. It was SO fun. Parts of it were really hard what with the kids being so young and all. I think the kids secretly got together and decided to take turns screaming and throwing fits at every mealtime. Skipping naps and trying to get them settled down at night was crazy. Thank goodness for portable DVD players and Spongebob Squarepants. I owe Nickelodeon my sanity.

But I'm glad we went and we were able to do a lot of fun things. They had classes for the kids (even the baby!) during the day for a few hours so Josh and I could have some "adult time". We were able to do a high ropes course, rock climbing, hiking, play paint ball, go to a couple of lectures, try making a pot on a pottery wheel, and just were able to relax with family we haven't seen in years.

Plus, we had an excuse to travel to Utah, where I went to college at BYU and where Josh and I met! It brought back some great memories. We ate at Burger Supreme (mmm...fry sauce) and tried to find Pizza Pipeline, but were sadly disappointed that it has closed. We were able to visit with a lot of other extended family and friends before and after the actual reunion. We hadn't really been back to Utah since I graduated in 2001, so it was crazy to see how much Utah has changed. Here are some pics of the fun we had:

We stayed with Josh's uncle in his 100 year old house! I love old houses.

Josh's Uncle Denny took the boys ATV riding and was SO sweet. They're still talking about "Uncle Jenny", or "Dumbo" as they started calling him since he showed them he can wiggle his ears...lol

Green grass! We don't see this very often in Arizona!

The boys in our family reunion t-shirts. They loved these turtles. Not sure why.

Drinking fountains are amazing contraptions capable of hours of entertainment and wonder.

My family is weird. Yes, those are plungers. Never used for actual plunging though.

My G'ma Steagall who organized this reunion.

A creek! With water and everything!

Look at this view, amazing! I couldn't stop looking at it.

My sis and I (and our hubbies) hiked to Stewart Falls. We match. But not on purpose.

I'm in this picture, can you see me?

My mom, Samuel, and cousin Krista. I love Samuel's facial expression in this one...

My dad helping Samuel get to sleep one night.

At Taco Bell on the way home. This is the funniest picture ever taken. Ever. (taken by my husband, he wants the credit)

All in all it was a great time. I'm so mad I pretty much forgot to take pictures after the family reunion. We went and had lunch with my good friend Angela in SLC, I miss her so much and wish we would've had more time to hang out. Then we stayed with Josh's bro. Cody, his wife Leisa and their adorable daughter Kylie in Bountiful, and could've taken some really cute cousin pictures there, but didn't. We also visited with my Dad's side of the family in Ogden too, again, no pictures. I think my brain was just fried by then, lack of sleep and all. Everyone was so nice and I think Josh and I will try to make it out to Utah again before another 7 years goes by...

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Now you need to take a trip tp TN to see an old rommie! We have amazing thick green grass and lots of beautiful rolling hills. I love the taco bell picture. That could win a contest. Good job Josh!