Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Bubba!

Thursday was Bubba's birthday. I can't believe I have a 5 year old son. It's crazy. Here's some pics of his fun day.
Eating blue pancakes and chocolate milk for breakfast:
My pathetic attempt at cake decorating:
Oh well, at least Bubba liked it!
Blowing out the candles:

After he blew out the candles, Bubba excitedly pulled off his number 5 candle and started licking the frosting off. Trey piped in that he wanted a taste. Bubba nicely handed over the candle, and this was the result:
Yup, Trey took a bite out of it. I had turned around to get some plates and suddenly I hear Bubba screaming, "MOMMY! Trey bit the candle!" I turned around and Trey was just sitting there with his mouth hanging open, with candle chunks in his mouth! After I had him spit them out he said, "Sorry Bubba..." in this sad little voice. It was so funny! Typical Trey.
Bubba still liked his cake though:
All in all it was a successful birthday! I took the day off work to spend the afternoon with him. Usually I make him take a nap, or at least have quiet time in his room because that's when I work, when the kids are napping. But I thought it would be nice to have "special time" with him on his birthday and do whatever he wanted to do. We played Cutes and Ladders, Go Fish, Lucky Ducks, colored, and read books together. It was really nice to spend some one on one time with him.
The next day Josh took Bubba and Trey to see Kung Fu Panda at the dollars, and he loved that too. On Monday we're having a family birthday party at my parents' house, they have a pool and he really wanted a swimming party! Luckily he hasn't asked for a "friend party" yet. Having 10 boys running around my house in a sugar-induced frenzy? I'm putting off that migraine for as long as I can manage it!

Stay tuned for an upcoming post on Josh's jiu jitsu injury last night...with pics.

4 comments:

wendy said...

the cake looks really cute. I love it! I'm gonna try a lady bug cake for Shelby's 1stb-day party. You boys are so funny! I love the little stories.

Unknown said...

That cake is too cute! I love it. Happy Birthday Bubba!

Mrstx said...

The cake looks great! You did a really great job. :D

Unknown said...

Fun! He looks so proud. You have awesome little guys.