Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day...2 days late

Well better late than never right?

I read some pretty awesome tributes to fathers and thought I should do a little post on the fathers in my life.

My dad is amazing. (and not just 'cause he looks like Chuck Norris and is a 4th degree black belt...for reals) Some people probably know and some people may not, that he is not my "biological" father. He technically is my step-dad, but I have never considered him as such. He's been my father, my dad, in every sense of the word since I was 5 years old, and even legally adopted me. He was the one who taught me how to be a responsible adult, to respect other people, to work hard for everything you have in this life. I can't describe how grateful I am that he took on me and my brother just like we were his own from the beginning. Some of my favorite memories are going camping with dad, going to Home Depot with dad (or Payless Cashways back in the day!) and having dad fix everything and anything around the house. In fact, Josh and I still depend on him to help us fix whatever needs fixing! He's the first person I call when I have a question on...pretty much anything! I love you Dad!

Next my husband who is the Daddy in my house! My boys L O V E him. Nothing is more exciting than playing with Daddy, or "helping" Daddy do things around the house...or pretty much anything involving their Daddy. Whether it's rolling around the family room floor practicing their jiu jitsu (hilarious by the way) or cuddling on the couch and watching cartoons, there's no place they'd rather be than with him. He is an amazing father to them and I doubt a second goes by when he's not thinking about them. Nobody makes me laugh like Josh does and I'm lucky to have such a great partner to raise my kids with!

Last, my father-in-law! (ignore Trey's weird face) I've never met anyone in my entire life who is more generous, and sensitive than my FIL. He will do anything he can to help anybody out. His spiritual strength and dedication to studying the scriptures are something I really look up to. I'm so thankful to have such an amazing Grandpa for my kiddos. I hope they will look to him for an example as they grow older. They love their "Papa Big Dog"!

1 comment:

PAPA BIG DOG said...

Christy

Thanks for making me cry!!

I really needed to read your kind words.

Thank you for making me feel appreciated!!

Much Love and Awe for the awesome daughter you are!!