Friday, June 13, 2008

Experimenting

So lately I've been reading people's blogs, some I know, and some I don't know. In the past 2 days, I've read this girl's blog from start to finish. Now some might think, wow, this girl has a lot of free time on her hands. She should be taking care of her kids, or get a job, or do something meaningful with her time. Well, I do take care of my kids (hey they're fed and happy) and I even have a paying job I do from home part-time. My house is mostly clean (not right now though). It's not like I have nothing else to do. I guess it's just more interesting to read about other people's lives than living your own? Also it's nice to know there's a whole other world out there, I think I feel stir-crazy sometimes being a stay-at-home mom. I love being home with my kids but there are days I feel like I'm losing it.

Back to my obsession with blogs, I am just amazed at how well people are able to put their everyday life experiences into amazing, entertaining, witty stories. I wish I could do the same. I wish I could turn this blog into more of a journal type thing for myself. I have a journal, but I never write in it. You know why? Because of the "writing" part. I'm lazy. I need a typing journal since I can type almost as fast as I think. (not really but sorta, thank you 4 years of transcription work) So I'm thinking I'll start out slow, maybe just start by writing things that happen during the day and see what becomes of this whole blogging thing.

We took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese today. I wish I could say it was fun, but really I just realized how out of control my boys are. Actually I didn't "just realize" it, I knew it already, but it's just scarier in a place like Chuck E. Cheese. I have this fear of my kids being kidnapped at a place like that. Trey would not listen to a dang word I said. I spent half the time yelling (yes, yelling), "Trey! Come back here right now!" Bubba was better, he is more apprehensive of large crowds and new situations in general. Usually this drives me crazy but this worked to my advantage today. Samuel was an angel as usual. I swear he is the best baby ever. Almost makes me want to have #4...almost.

The reason we took the kids to Chuck E. Cheese is because of Bubba's insane anxiety over going to Preschool lately. I don't know what the deal is. He LOVED preschool the last 2 years. This summer I decided to put him in a summer preschool day camp that the city offers. He's going with another kid in our neighborhood. The first week was fine, he went everyday, no crying, had a blast, etc. Then suddenly it hit him the 2nd week that this was new and scary I guess, and he screamed like a psychotic monkey when I left him in the morning. I mean, seriously, jumping up and down, hyperventilating, lips turning purple, crazy fit. What is going on? I called his teachers, went to the school and met with them, and didn't get a feeling like it was an issue with the teachers or with the other kids picking on him or anything. Anyway, slowly he has gotten better. This week, he hardly cried. Thank you, Chuck E. Cheese bribe. The teachers there really are great, they even take him from me when I drop him off, and stand outside with him so he can watch me drive away and wave to me. I worry, what will happen when he starts Kindergarten this Fall? I don't think it will go well. Pessimistic some?

We stopped by Wal-Mart for a new fan today and some other random things. Bubba decided to wear a big sticker that says "Super!" on his forehead. I love this kid! Anyway, this cute old lady came up to him and told him she liked his sticker on his head, and wasn't he just so creative? Bubba looks at her, points, and says, "She's old." WHAT?! Apparently it's time for some lessons on manners. I'm sure I turned red, and tried to play it off by saying, "Oh yes, that sticker is kind of old huh?" and moved along. Luckily I think the woman was a little hard of hearing or else she just realized he's 4.

I haven't gone running for 2 days now and I'm really feeling crappy about it. I was on such a roll! I was almost up to 3 miles a day. Then bam, my ankle is sprained or something and some other...personal stuff happens, and I'm off the running wagon. I WILL run tomorrow if it kills me! I just feel so much better when I run, more energetic even when I haven't slept at all, more alive in general. It's so addicting!

9 comments:

wendy said...

i do the same thing, reading people blogs. I tell myself I will go to bed early and the next thing i know it's 11:30. But good job on yours, I love checking in to see how you are doing. Keep it up!

Mrstx said...

I am constantly worried that my kids are going to be kidnapped. I always feel like I have to have visual contact...even if they are playing in the backyard. I'm afraid that somebody is going to jump the fence and steal them, lol.

I know what you mean about running being addictive. I was training for a triathlon a few weeks ago, but then I got sick and I haven't been motivated to start up again. I am like you, I feel so much better and so much more alive when I run. Hmmm, maybe I will go today. Tonight maybe. It's already too hot today.

wendy said...

I know I already left a comment, but I just wanted to let you know that kids embarrasing you just gets worse the older they get, but then you can turn the tables and start ambarrasing them! Once my mom was driving me and a few of my friends and we happened to drive by a boys house that we liked and she pulled up INTO the driveway and just laid on the horn. We were dying! Luckily the boy was not home but it didn't matter. We were all ducked down into the floor as low as we could go. That happened more than once...Ya, it's child abuse if you ask me!

AZ Larsens said...

lol, I can totally picture your mom doing that!

Jenny said...

Okay, I know this is anoying, but you are tagged again. Please see my blog for details.

I wish I could be a runner. I have been talking about running for a long time but haven't started yet. I need someone to go with...I do live in MEMPHIS!

I like to read people's blogs too! It is fun. Where does everyone get these cute backgrounds?

AZ Larsens said...

I know Jenny! My background is so boring. But I like black so what can I say.

I wish we lived closer so we could go running together. I just got a treadmill so nobody has to see my fat butt running down the street.

Unknown said...

Bubba! I just want to squeeze him. I can totally see him saying what he did to that lady. Hilarious!

Jen said...

I am so glad you commented on my blog. It makes me feel really old seeing you with 3 kids. I was talking to my husband the other night and remembering how much I loved managing the apartments. Ok, not really that part but all the fun girls! I loved coming over to your apartment! I will have to keep checking up on your family. It was fun!

Anonymous said...

that's a funny entry. i laughed on everyone after the first paragraph. you're kids are funny. cool you're running, it's addicting, good job. you'll be ready for a half marathon soon. keep up the blog, you should be a writer.