Tuesday, January 5, 2010

NYR Time

It's that time of year again, oh yes, you know it...New Year's Resolution time! If you remember back in January '09, I did a blog on this. I'm sorry to report that I did not accomplish much of anything in '09. I gained 10 lbs. and pretty much stopped working out completely in November/December, started an online journal but only wrote twice, read 2 classics (Emma and Persuasion), didn't enjoy my boys enough, and probably went on MAYBE 4 dates all year with Josh.

Hmmm...I need some help this year huh? And what better way to kick off a new decade than new goals! This year, I'm going to set definitive goals that can be measured instead of general goals like, "workout more", or "read the classics", etc.

(If you want to stop reading now, I won't be offended. This is boring.)

1. I will run 500 miles this year. (total...not in a day. haha..oh I crack myself up sometimes) And in doing this, I will also lose 10 lbs.

2. I will read all of Jane Austen's works.

3. I will read the Book of Mormon this year. I may not read every day, which would be ideal, but again, definitive goals!

4. Write in blog once a week. I know I know, you can hardly contain your excitement on this one right?

5. Write in online journal 50 times.

6. FOOD STORAGE/EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS! I will work on having a 3 month supply of everything my family may need in case of an emergency, job loss, etc.

7. Take 15 minutes a day and play with my kids without worrying about dishes/laundry/cleaning/work/cooking, or anything else. Even if this means getting off Facebook, I will do it!!

If you're still here after reading all this, what are some of your New Year's resolutions?

4 comments:

Holly said...

I've read most of Jane Austen's work and they're fabulous!!!

~Penny~ said...

Jane Austen, all in one year is a HUGE goal! Go you!

I agree with you 100%. This year was about being realistic with my goals and created measurable benchmarks.

I feel like I had a bunch of good ones and I didn't write them down, so now I forgot.

But I do want to start working up my savings account and saving money. I also want to drink more water. Really exciting stuff.

Haha! Anyway HNY, and what did you get for xmas?

Denisse said...

Christy, these are such awesome goals! I know some people drag new year resolutions but I think they are awesome! I love a life with goals to help us become better! I know that sounds kind of cheesy but it shouldn't be cheesy if it's true right? #6 and the last one are on my list too! Good luck with your resolutions!:)

June said...

wow! resolutions! I don't even do that out loud anymore.. lol.
I'm glad to see #6 cuz I actually have helped in that one! (was that the food storage one?)
love ya!!