Monday, January 11, 2010

Kicks

I'm already off to a good start, I'm blogging for this week!

So far, so good on the NYR's. I've run 15.5 miles so far, lost 3 lbs. (for some reason I think my scale is lying), and now I'm blogging!

I forgot to update on my Christmas wish list. I DID get that awesome red stool, and my Bosch cookie paddles! Which, by the way, are AMAZING. How did I live without those cookie paddles before? I'll never know. I also got some new slippers, a BYU sweatshirt that J made, and some new shoes. I love these shoes, but a part of me wonders: Am I too old to be wearing these?
I mean let's face it, I am going to be 31 in 6 days. Oh well.

In other news, T has started soccer. If there was any question before, I can now say with certainty that it has NEVER been more obvious that this kid has ADHD. He has his first practice Friday, and first game Saturday. The poor guy is really in his own little world out there. The coach (who by the way, is not a very patient man) has to yell his name multiple times to get his attention. All the other kids will be running around playing the game, and T will be standing there staring off into space, or picking a stick up off the ground. At one point during the game he actually did go after the ball to kick it, but the ball went out of bounds. T ended up kicking that ball past another soccer field, and just kept going! Everyone was screaming his name but he was so focused on that ball he didn't even realize it. The entire game was at a standstill for about 5 minutes while they chased after him. The important thing is that he is excited to be playing soccer and had fun!
Luckily because of his personality and his age, he doesn't notice right now that he's different than the other kids his age. We have taken him to the Dr. and will probably end up medicating him to make sure he is able to experience all the things that "normal" kids do, and isn't limited by his ADHD. I'm grateful we have good insurance so that we can stay on top of all this.

Well, time to wrap this up. I wish I could do this the rest of the day:
Because who DOESN'T want to watch TV while sitting on a dinosaur? Oh to be 2 again...

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

Is one of your NYR to blog more? Mine is to blog less! hahaha

Holly said...

Hahahaha! I love S on the dinosaur! That's sweet! And yay for cookie paddles!

~Penny~ said...

I have questions for you, I may have to email you or email me....

Its about your mixer. I am looking into a kitchen aide but why do you love your so? What is the difference.

And those kicks are AWESOME!!!!! Not to old in the least! Happy early birthday.

I love the dino pic. I agree there is nothing better.

Cammie said...

I totally want my own Dinosaur to watch TV on!

wendy said...

Hi, haven't been by in a while. I also need to blog more often. Good job. No, you are not too old for those shoes, they are way cute. Don't worry about T, at least he is getting out there and getting a good life experience. The coach sounds like maybe he shouldn't be coaching...ha ha ha.