Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter!

I love Easter. Actually I love all holidays where I get to do fun things for my boys and see them get so excited. I decorated as soon as St. Patrick's Day was over.
Dollar Tree find, egg and flower yard picks!
This stupid inflatable egg deflated within one day and I ended up throwing it away. Who would've thought it would be so crappy? I mean I purchased it at the Dollar Tree! Sheesh.
These are magnets on our fridge. They decorated Easter eggs all month long!
Of course I had to have Easter eggs lights. :) I love that "Easter Tree", another Dollar Tree decoration that might be my new favorite!
Okay yes I admit, I LOVE the Dollar Tree!
And lastly, our window stickers (and our dead grass in the background).

I like to decorate while the boys are at school, then see their faces when they walk in the house and notice all the fun things!

This year we traveled to Josh's hometown to celebrate Easter with his family. Have I mentioned how much I love his family? I think I have but I'll say it again, I LOVE THEM! His mom just always makes us feel so welcome. She doesn't freak out when the boys mess up her yard, track dirt on her carpet or on her couches, or spill their milk, etc. She never makes us feel uncomfortable or like our boys are out of control! It's just so relaxing to be in her home.

On Friday we took the boys on a hike to 49Palms, there's an oasis at the end of the hike. It was 3 miles round trip. I had done this hike about 10 years ago and thought the kids could handle it. We thought if we started early enough it wouldn't be too hot, but it was still pretty dang hot! The boys did awesome though. They hiked the whole way! Well, Samuel hiked the whole way there and then made me carry him about halfway back. He wouldn't let ANYONE else carry him, only me. If anyone else tried, he sat down and refused to move or would kick and scream. Yeah...let's just say I was VERY sore the next couple of days!

Anyway, along the way we saw a bunch of lizards, chuckwallas, and even 2 rattlesnakes on the trail! One was even rattling at us. It was a little freaky.
We survived though. There wasn't much water at the "oasis". It was pretty though! I tried to get the boys to count the palm trees to see if there really were 49 of them. They had better things to do though. Like eat their fruit snacks and drink their Capri Suns!

The boys' Great-Grandpa Reed and Grandma Adeline put on an awesome Easter egg hunt on Saturday for family and some friends from their ward. It was crazy windy all day and we were worried there would be a lot of dust flying around (there's not much grass in 29Palms, California!) but the wind stopped just in time for our hunt! There must've been at least 500 eggs out there. Trey even found an egg from last year's hunt!
After the hunt we relaxed with hot dogs, chips, potato salad, cupcakes, and family!

The next day was Easter Sunday. Luckily the Easter Bunny found us. I have to say, that good ole Easter Bunny outdid himself this year! The boys forgot their baskets so they got these new awesome ones, and they were jam packed with fun things.
That little chick Trey was holding was a HUGE fan favorite! Trey got the chick, J.J. a pig, and Samuel a cow. These weren't just any farm animals though...you pushed on them, they made their animal noise...and POOPED out a candy for you!

Hope everybody had as great an Easter as we did!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So fun! I miss 29 like crazy. It's been way too long.
Love that picture of B&K.

just call me jo said...

We had the twins for Easter, so we had fun too. I didn't do baskets. Yours are very cute.

wendy said...

My kids would LOVE those toys! I love your decorations. I forgot to decorate this year, but the Easter Bunny put out some decorations for us when he came to visit. What a nice guy!