Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 37

Day 37 - A picture of the people you spend most of your time with.
Yup, I've definitely fallen behind on this but I refuse to give up! After all, thanks to this challenge I've already blogged more in the past month than I did all last year!

Okay, this is a no-brainer. Obviously the people I spend the most time with are these guys:
This is probably one of my MOST favorite pictures of all time. I just love my boys! The ONE question I am asked the most is, "Aren't you going to try for a girl?" As if my life is not complete until I have had a daughter? Or else implying that I need to have children of both genders before I'm done having kids! But the truth is, I love having all boys. Not that I wouldn't have loved a daughter if I had had one, of course I would have! I would have loved her just as much as I would have loved boy #4, boy #5, or however many boys I would have been blessed with had I kept on popping babies out!

I am VERY happy with my 3 sons though. And the husband guy is pretty awesome too. Yes, there's a lot of testosterone flying around my house. It's nearly impossible to keep my house as clean as I would like it to be. There's a lot of toilet seats left up, and lots of rough-housing taking place. Yes, I am afraid my house is going to smell like teenaged boy someday, and that they will eat me out of house and home.

But I'm of the opinion that there really is nothing like a little boy's love for his Mommy! I soak it up with the handful of flowers (weeds) J.J. brings home for me everyday after school. I soak it up when Trey tells me he loves my smile and that I'm beautiful. I soak it up when Samuel, who doesn't speak much to begin with, asked for a "big hug" from his Mommy.

As cheesy as this sounds, I'm honored that I get to spend most of my time with these boys.


4 comments:

Michele said...

Well, I was fortunate enough to be blessed with one girl... but you KNOW I know your feelings here. :D There really is nothing like the love a boy has for his mother. Besides, you'll get a whole bunch of DIL's one day... that is, if you ever agree that anyone is good enough for your baby boys! ;) I'll tell you what, even AVERY is totally stoked that baby #5 is another boy... so that just goes to show you how awesome boys are.

Kori Ann said...

Boy are awesome! I love having 3 of them. I love the rough housing and the games the boys play. You are very blessed to have 3 boys!

ain't for city gals said...

Hi I came over from Just Call me Jo...I think having three boys would be awesome and you have 3 cuties!..lookng forward to reading your past and future posts...

~Penny~ said...

Awwww.....I love the terms "all my boys"...and OF COURSE I would love a boy or girl equally but I would like all boys...

My husband rather have all girls..