Sunday, October 12, 2008

College Tribute

I've been thinking a lot lately about my college days. Mostly because my little sister is thinking about going to the same school I did, BYU. She's just 15 now but I really hope she follows through and does it. I have another sister who got married at 18 and although I absolutely love her husband, I wish she would've been able to experience single life in college. I've also been thinking about those days because I recently got back in contact with a REALLY good friend and former roommate. We've been emailing back and forth reminiscing about the good ole days. I had a lot of amazing experiences while at school, some good and some bad. I learned so much during those years, both academically and about life in general. I made friends I know I'll have for life. We did so many funny things together. Here's a photo tribute to my days at the Y.
We stayed up all night studying for tests:

Went on a wild trip to Vegas:

My 19th birthday party:

Searched for true love:

I gained about 50 pounds while my roommates stayed thin and hot: (I'm the marshmallow in the middle with the 311 shirt on...)

Saved a roommate from certain death by mattress:

It's weird to think of all the different places we are in our lives now. Some people I've kept in contact with, others I haven't. I have a million pictures of the college days, these are just a few that I chose because they include my long lost Zil who I have finally gotten in contact with again!

6 comments:

motivated said...

It's so weird to think that we were both going to BYU at the same time, but it's so huge that I never knew you! I could've run into you somewhere, who knows??

LBP said...

I need to steal some of your pictures for my tribute. I really need to get on that blog. I think you were the hot and skinny one. You used to go running with us. Remember?

Unknown said...

How fun. Those pictures cracked me up. Even though I wasn't in any of them it brought back a lot of my memories. I think college = jacking around. :)

Janelle said...

Hey girl, I got your comment you left on my blog and so I had to check out yours. Love the college pics--fabulous. Cute family. Love ya.

Anonymous said...

old school... looks like 70s

LBP said...

I take offense to the comment about the pictures looking like we went to college in the 70's. Don't punish me for BYU's decorating skills in the dorm rooms.