Tuesday, July 15, 2008

American Idol Poolside?

Trey's swimming lesson teacher is so funny... When they have them practice floating on their backs, the teacher tells them to pretend they're stars, to spread their arms and legs out so they are in a star shape. Then he has them float in that position while he sings "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star." Well, I was sitting on the edge of the pool (because Trey was having issues) and about halfway through, he must've realized I was hearing his singing, and changed his voice like...well...like he was on an American Idol audition. Seriously, his voice got all serious, like he thought he was singing all good or something. And he wasn't doing it to be funny either, his face was serious, as serious as his rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle."

It was all I could do after he was done not to say, "That was a little too cabaret for me..." or "I just wasn't feelin' it dog..." or "You should keep on going after your dreams!"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your boys are so funny and cute. Good story.

Unknown said...

LOL...amazing. Trey cracks me up. Ask him about his "shark hammer"

Angela said...

Oh.my.gosh that is so cute! I love reading stories about your kids. I met Meagan at the gym last night and said, guess who im friends with on the intenet...do you talk to her much?

Jenny said...

Kennedy does that too, belts out and sings like she is a super star in this weird voice. It makes me laugh. Maybe we could get them together and they can form a band!! LOLOL :)