Wednesday, April 14, 2010

What of it?

Sometimes, I put my kids on leashes. Yup, I'm one of "those" moms. Maybe before I had kids I may have looked at moms with kids on leashes and thought, "Huh...that's weird." But once I actually HAD 3 boys trying to run off in all directions, I decided that I would like to kiss the person who invented the kid leash.

Don't worry, I am cool and bought a leash disguised as a backpack, disguised as an animal. That way I can trick others into thinking it's not cruel and unusual punishment that I'm walking my child through the park on a leash. I love the easy of simply unhooking the "monkey tail/leash" off the "backpack/safety harness" and letting him play freely. Then when it's time to go and he tries to run off, I simply click that bad boy on again and drag him out of the park screaming and crying against his will.

And people wonder why I don't want a dog? I don't need one! I have kids!

8 comments:

Alicia Curtis said...

That's what my mom always said when we used to ask for a dog. And we used to use those leashes every time we went somewhere public and crowded, like Disney World. As a 12 year old, my parent still insisted I would get snatched up and stolen. So awkward.

Denisse said...

ha ha ha! one more time Christy! I'm laughing so hard! You are so funny! I have one of those and have used it a couple of times...thanks for reminding I have it...I think I might just take it out and start using it again!:)

~Penny~ said...

This is an awesome post! I love it. I believe in the leash. Don't have kids but I get it.

Unknown said...

LOLOL! Where is the "like" button for blogs?

Kori Ann said...

I love leashes! Ethan thinks when he's on his that he is actually controlling Mommy. =) Manipulation works great!

Unknown said...

Laughing! I honestly thought I would never need one of those but I think I'm going to have to get one ASAP. Not really sure how I'm going to be running after a 2 yr old with a newborn. Where did you get it?

wendy said...

Whatever works!

Anonymous said...

haha, love it. I will be "one of those moms" in a heartbeat than be a fuming mom who hates to take her kids out! Rock on sista!