Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Has it been 9 years?

One thing Josh and I always joke about on our anniversary is about how it feels like we've been married longer, but at the same time, we can't believe it's been this long already. Make sense? On the one hand, I can't believe it's been 9 years. Time is flying!! On the other hand...it's ONLY been 9 years? It feels longer.

Here's a funny little story to sum up how I feel about marriage in general:

Many moons ago I was a college sophomore in Provo, UT, attending BYU. One cold winter morning, my roommate and I were awakened by a scraping sound. The sound of ice being scraped off of a windshield in the parking lot behind our apartment building. My roommate and I watched this young married couple out of our 2nd story window for a couple minutes and then I opened our window, yelled "MARRIAGE IS TEAMWORK!!" in a really high pitched voice, and then ducked down really fast and my roommate and I rolled on the floor cracking up. I'm sure this married couple thought we were insane, we both share a weird sense of humor and back then yelling random things out our window was hilarious to us for some reason. Anyway, my point is this: I was right. Marriage is teamwork. You both have your ups and downs and it's your job to boost the other when your partner is down. You work together to pay the bills, run the household, raise the kids, and on and on and on. Who knew I had such wisdom when that when I was an obnoxious 19 year old college student?  

I'll say this much, 9 years later I love him more than I did the day I married him.  Happy Anniversary babe!  (even though you'll never read this)

2 comments:

~Penny~ said...

Awwww....I love it. Congrats! I am sure marriage (as well as any relationship) can be difficult but it is super important to be eachothers cheerleaders!

Alicia Curtis said...

I totally get what you mean about the -its only been this long, it feels longer, but wow time is flying- thing. That's what Daniel & I were saying to each other on our one-monthiversay, haha. Its our six month of Sunday, and I love being married! Congrats on 9 years. You should go on a trip for your 10 year and leave the kids w/ family. Have fun!