Wednesday, February 4, 2009

I'm Runnin' Down a Dream

Things have been a little bit crazy this week. I got the opportunity to take on a special project at work that pays a lot better, but is a lot more work than I normally do. Of course I jumped at the chance and I'm glad I did. I've made more money in one week than I normally do in a month! My fingers are protesting though, so far I've typed 423 pages and still counting... Well, a couple years from now when I've hopefully saved enough money for J and I to FINALLY go to Hawaii on a real honeymoon...I will be grateful. Until then, you will probably be hearing more about the life and times of a transcriptionist.

Because of all the extra work, my house and kids are falling apart! Not really, but the "Mommy guilt" has been in full force, more than it normally is. Examples? Well, T always tells me at night what he's going to dream about. It's a fun little thing I do with my boys so they will think of happy things before they go to sleep. Anyway, tonight I take a break from working to go and kiss T good-night, and he says to me, "Mommy, guess what I'm going to dream tonight? I'm going to dream that you are done with your work!" Oh the guilt...the horrible guilt.

All this work has also taken a toll on my poor brain. Examples? Monday morning I'm trying to catch up on laundry and cleaning the kitchen while B is at school. Once a month on Monday I volunteer in B's Kindergarten class, and my neighbor watches my younger two boys. Anyway I'm rushing around speed cleaning the kitchen and noticed the calendar was still on January. So I flipped it to February and practically have a heart-attack. I had written I was supposed to volunteer that day, and needed to be at the school in 10 minutes! I call my neighbor in what I'm sure was an incoherent panic, and she tells me I had emailed her last week that I was supposed to volunteer on the 9th, not the 2nd. Okay, now I can breathe. I hang up in relief, but still have to go trash digging to find the flyer just to make sure. Yup, crisis averted, I don't have to help until next week. I really hate being a flake.

Then, just 45 minutes later, I am supposed to go pick B up from school. I can't find my keys, and am running around like crazy searching for them high and low. I decide to forget it, grab the spare keys, grab my 2 boys, and rush out to the van. Hurriedly buckle them in (those dang car seats are so complicated sometimes!), only to discover my keys are IN THE IGNITION!!!

Sadly the rest of the week has not improved. Guess what I'm going to dream about tonight? Hawaii.

9 comments:

Holly said...

I've never left my keys in the ignition but at least once a month I have a bad habit of leaving them in the front door.

The work is almost done and you can go back to just semi-crazy as opposed to completely crazy!

Anonymous said...

My husband left his keys in the ignition the other day...WITH THE CAR RUNNING! He couldn't find the keys anywhere and needed to warm up the car... but he had already done that and completely spaced it. That's so funny! Definitely dream of Hawaii!!!

motivated said...

LOL- I've done that a couple times. Just think what 40's will bring us! I hope you run down that dream Christy!

Denisse said...

Oh man Christy!!! I went to Ross for about an hour, a little while ago, and I had both kids by myself, on the way back I couldn't find my stinkin' keys. I opened one of the doors just to check and it wasn't locked, I put the kids in their car seats (and yes, they can be so annoying sometimes) then I keep checking in my purse, my pockets, the ground, everywhere, I sit in the driver's seat to find out I had left the keys in the ignition!!!!!!! I was in the store for an hour!!!!!!! Someone could have totally just taken off with my car!!!! Since being a mom, I think I've lost some neurons!!!!

Good luck with everything! YOU CAN DO IT!!! And when you get to go to Hawaii, it'll all be worth it!!!!:)

leisa said...

So that is where you have been. Hopefully you got a break from work this weekend.

Yes PLEASE.... Hawaii!

Jenny said...

Good thing you don't live in Memphis, your car would have been stolen! :)

My house is turned upside down and I do not have a job to take up my time! Sounds like you have a good excuse to me!

Hope you get that trip soon!

Angela said...

What a week. I just think this is a crazy month. Hopefully things get less crazy soon. But just keep dreaming about Hawaii, you lucky girl!

Chelley said...

I gotta say that your comment on my blog made my day! I have read your blog here and there and always find that it is real. I love that! Keep plugging away and I hope that Hawaii comes sooner thatn later!

Josh, Christy, C,N,J, and A said...

Do you know how many times I've not only left my keys in the ignition but locked the car and sometimes locked it with the car running, too many times I lost count. LOL.

Of course I remember my AZ Larsen friends. Thanks for the potty training advice, I'm glad to see everything is ok in your neck of the woods. Try not to have too much Mommy guilt you seem like a great Mom.