Friday, February 20, 2009

We Do What We Can

Valentine's Day was pretty low-key. I surprised J with a gourmet romantic dinner when he got home from jiu jitsu Friday night. We first kissed on Feb. 13th, so I guess you can consider it "our" Valentine's Day.
Yes, that is a frozen pizza. But hey, it's Digiorno! Fancy frozen pizza! And yes, it's at our counter because we don't have a dining room table, and yes, that's a high chair in the background. Like I said, we do what we can!

I like to make even the little holidays special for my boys. It's the little things that I know they will remember when they grown. We always have pancakes on Saturday morning but I made them pink and heart-shaped for the special day.
Then I started a new tradition, where I will bake and decorate each of my boys their own special giant cookie for Valentine's Day. Hopefully my decorating skills will improve as the years go on... Oh well, they were delicious and that's what matters right?
We also had popcorn in Valentine bowls for a snack.
Did I overdo it?

9 comments:

Holly said...

You are so much more creative than me! I'm going to start picking your brain for ideas! Those are the little things your kiddos and hubby will always remember and cherish!

Unknown said...

NO WAY! I think you did awesome. I love going all out especially when the little ones will remember and I am sure they will.

~Penny~ said...

Nope! You did good:) I think that is great. It all looked so fabulous!

motivated said...

I feel honored to be compared to your coolness. :) I'll agree- I think we think a lot alike on a lot of things! LOL! One of these days we will definitely have to grab some lunch or dinner or just hang out. :)

Chelley said...

You are the coolest mom! They will always remember those little things and want to do them with their own families one day! And I love your romantic dinner, I would love to be surprised with anything!!

dm said...

That is nice! happy late valentines day!

Anonymous said...

oh man!!! josh, don't be cheap...

wendy said...

I love this. I always want and plan to do something like this. I had great intentions for valentines. I bought stuff to make a cake and some fun decorations. Then about a week later i found everything still in the bag. I totally forgot about it!

Anonymous said...

Let's hear it for Digiorno's!