Sunday, February 15, 2009

Got another one for you

Okay so I know the little stories about me being absent-minded might be getting old, but this one really is hilarious.

My family has a hard time getting to church on time. We just cannot seem to get out the door on time, no matter what time we start getting ready. We have 8:00 A.M. church, and while this may seem early to some, it is not so early to us. My boys get up by 6:30 A.M. every morning, rain or shine, weekday or weekend. So 8:00 church should NOT be a problem right? Wrong.

So today I decided my #1 goal would be: Get To Church On Time.

I set my alarm for 5:45, showered, dressed, makeup done, did my hair by the time the boys got up. Got them dressed, hair done, and fed. Got S up, changed, dressed, fed. Packed bag of quiet things to do during church, complete with snacks and drinks for the boys. Got my lesson and items I needed for my lesson all ready to go. Nagged J so he was ready on time. Load all boys and bags in the van. Drive to church.

Now by this time, I am feeling VERY proud of myself. We are not only on time, but 5 minutes early as we're pulling into the parking lot! This is when it hits me. Something is wrong. I look down.

Dress? Check.
Hair done? Check.
Makeup? Check.
Sweater? Check.
Nylons? Check.
Shoes? ..............uh oh.

I'm wearing my HOUSE SLIPPERS.

Drop off J, B, and T. Drive home. Get appropriate shoes. Drive back. End result? My family was indeed, on time. Early, in fact. I, on the other hand, was 10 minutes late.

(Valentine's post will hopefully be coming soon.)

8 comments:

The Beauty and Her Beasts said...

I've done that too! Twice. well once I caught in in the car while in the driveway of my house. The other time I was shopping around town. So I said forget it... and just wore them

Holly said...

YES!!! I'm not the only one who's done that. But it was half way through church before I realized what I had done because one of my YW girls pointed it out and was having a giggling fit over it! Oh man! I guess you can't have your cake and eat it too!

Kim said...

That is hilarious, thanks for the laugh!See what being 30 does to you!

Unknown said...

LOL - good story. Funny cause I've freaked out several times thinking I was doing that for work, haven't actually done it.... YET!

Unknown said...

I've done something like that before except I went to the store and I only did half of my hair. Don't ask my what I was thinking. I felt so dumb and couldn't figure out why people were looking at me weird....then I got in the car and looked in the mirror. DUH!

~Penny~ said...

I have done that too! It is so frustrating!

dm said...

You crack my up lady!!! I LOVE your stories!!! Keep them coming!

Anonymous said...

check check check... i have nightmares about that... lists, to do lists, assignments, rules, structure...