Friday, January 16, 2009

Farewell My Youth!

Today was the last day of my 20's. I went out with a bang, let me tell you that much. Woke up and ran around getting B fed, dressed, and ready for school. Forgot he was supposed to bring a bag of mini-marshmallows to school, so had to stop at the grocery store on the way. He barely made it in time. Then it was off to the dealership to get the oil changed in the van. I enjoyed this actually, I got a half hour to myself to read, and eat a complimentary bag of mini Chips Ahoy. True pampering.

Get home and discover that S is sick. High fever, won't eat, screaming his head off, inconsolable. I debate all morning on whether or not to bring him in to the doctor. He's getting 4 teeth in right now so it could be that, or an ear infection. In the end I decide to hold off. That is, until I put him down for a nap and he wake up 5 minutes later screaming...and doesn't stop for 2 1/2 hours straight. Call the doctor, get the last appointment of the day! Lucky. Turns out my poor baby has a double ear infection. Stop by CVS, fill the RX. Note, I did not get ANY of my work done today...looks like it's going to be a long weekend...

Rush home, feed the kids a gourmet dinner of Mac N Cheese, and rush out the door again to go to my parents' house. Teach sister piano lesson, while Josh and my dad do jiu jitsu. (J is back in the saddle again after his surgery debacle from August!)

Now I'm home, thinking...I'm only going to be 30 tomorrow? I feel more like 45...

10 comments:

Denisse said...

You are awesome Christy!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to you!!! Man the BIG 30! Sorry to hear yesterday was kindda crappy! Hope today you get lots of extra love from the fam! AND I hope your little one feels better!:)

Unknown said...

Poor S! K is in the same boat but has a sinus infection upon the double ear infection. I love a sick child! NOT.
Anyway, hope you have a better day today. Happy Birthday!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday! Welcome to the 30's, I promise they are way better than the 20's! Don't you feel like a real grown up now? Sorry the little guy is sick, I hope he is feeling better now.

Anonymous said...

I hope you had a good birthday considering all the fun you had the day before!

wendy said...

ask your mom if she remembers her 30th birthday.LOL!

wendy said...

and welcome the 30's. They are much better than the 20's!!!

Anonymous said...

you're old

Unknown said...

you are super woman!! Being 30 and still not being completely exhausted or at least having the ability to get yourself going the following day deserves a pat on the back. Happy birthday! 30's rock!!

~Penny~ said...

Happy Birthday!!! I know its a little late now but I hear yah...my 30th is this year too!

LBP said...

I am a jerk of a friend. Happy belated birthday old lady Christy. I will join you in a few months.