Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Birthday and Other Stuff

Thanks for all the b-day wishes everybody! Luckily I had a more relaxing day than what I described on my last post. I woke up to this:
Aw...I just love J. He just cracks me up. Who else would think to make a giant pancake for my b-day? And yes, I ate the entire thing and it was delicious. I am not freaking out to be in my 30's, I am happy about it. I just think it sounds funny. "Hi, I'm 30." Haha! It just makes me laugh for some reason.

Anyway, on to other things. I took S in for his 15 mo. checkup and can you believe, he is only in the 37th percentile for his weight! Yikes. I have never had a baby this small! The kid is SO picky about eating, he refuses to eat real food. I'm still feeding him baby food for crying out loud! Anyway, Dr. says I really need to try to make him eat more. I've never had this problem, with the other 2 boys I can't STOP them from eating! He's 24 lbs., so it's not like he's wasting away or anything. But the only things he will eat are baby food and crackers or dry cereal. He thinks he's a princess or something. So I'm playing hardball today and am making him eat a PBJ sandwich. I'm such a mean Mom.

Yesterday I took all 3 boys to the grocery store, which I avoid doing at all costs. It was unavoidable yesterday though. I had my list and coupons, and was going to be in and out as quickly as possible. Still though, S managed to knock a glass jar of salsa on the ground and shatter it making a HUGE mess. I quickly ran out of that aisle and told customer service that there was a mess in aisle 5. I did not admit it was my child's mess! I know, I'm horrible.

Then, in the frozen food aisle, I grabbed my last purchase and we were finally leaving. Two workers were pulling a huge flat of bottled water down the aisle, and T was slightly in the way. Not completely in the way, but he wouldn't move all the way over which was making the workers nervous. By this time the workers and huge flat they were push/pulling was right beside me so I couldn't get to the front of the cart to physically MAKE him move. They moved way over to their left, and smashed into a huge display case of glass jars of ice cream syrup! At least 5 glass jars shattered on the floor in a gooey mess. I just froze. Meanwhile, both workers look at me like it's my fault, and T shouts at them, "Hey! You guys should watch where you're going!!" I immediately tell him to be quiet, that it's HIS fault they crashed into it because he didn't move when I told him to! Luckily my outspoken son seemed to break the tension of the moment and one of the workers started laughing and said, "You gotta love kids!" I "haha-ed" but then left the store ASAP.

I am never going grocery shopping with all 3 kids again.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I admire you for taking all 3 kids shopping. I have a hard time taking my 2 boys and they're both still little enough to be buckled in! The one perk is that I had a REALLY good looking guy ask me if I needed help when I was clearly struggling holding Corbin so he didn't run away all the while trying to put Connor's car seat in the cart. Normally I would have said no, but I just couldn't resist :) Anyways, I wouldn't take them if I were you either!!! I'm pretty sure Corbin is nearing the phase of breaking things any time now.

Holly said...

You're daring! Happy late bday! And kudos for taking all 3 of them shopping! You're a stronger woman than I!!!

Kim said...

Oh, that is so funny! I know it wasn't funny at the time but you gotta laugh about it!I have had many of those shopping trips too, the worst is the old people looking at you like you can't control your kids. Don't they remember what it was like? I hope you at least scored the major deal at Frys!

Quader's said...

Happy Belated B-day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey. Happy late Birthday to you! Honestly, I don't even know if we've offically met, other than my husband telling me about you guys. He's loving doing that class on Friday's (I won't even attempt to spell it :) It's late but I just got done doing my work for the day and Mark tells me we're doing the same work! Pretty cool. I am still in the love/hate realtionship with it. I spend too much time doing it. Anyway, glad you found my blog and we will have to offically meet! And I am NOT looking forward to having two walking boys at the store at the same time. I still got Micah in the grocery seat for now :) I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.

Anonymous said...

Hey. Happy late Birthday to you! Honestly, I don't even know if we've offically met, other than my husband telling me about you guys. He's loving doing that class on Friday's (I won't even attempt to spell it :) It's late but I just got done doing my work for the day and Mark tells me we're doing the same work! Pretty cool. I am still in the love/hate realtionship with it. I spend too much time doing it. Anyway, glad you found my blog and we will have to offically meet! And I am NOT looking forward to having two walking boys at the store at the same time. I still got Micah in the grocery seat for now :) I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts.

wendy said...

that is hilarious! I'm glad it wasn't me!

Denisse said...

Christy, Christy...you are one of the funniest people I know...seriously...here I am crying I'm laughing so hard!!! oh my goodness...you just have a way of telling a story...I ABSOLUTELY LOVE reading your blog!!! Man!!! I was just thinking that may be it was time for Scott and I to have another kid but after reading your story maaaaaay beeeee it's not time yet....You are sooooo brave!!!! And your kids are HILARIOUS!!!! Glad no one got hurt and now you just have a funny story to tell!!!!:)

Unknown said...

You are one daring girl! I would die.
Still laughing though. I can totally see T doing that.

Love the pancake J made. So cute!

Jenny said...

I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one with kids that do that sort of thing EVERYTIME we go to WalMart! I always wondered if it was parenting or just the kids because I never see anyone elses kids fighting, knocking things or breaking something...