Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving in 29Palms

We visited Josh's family this year for Thanksgiving, and it was a lot of fun! The food was amazing. Some of the highlights were Jessica's homemade rolls, which I probably could've eaten 20 of those and nothing else! Also her mashed potatoes were to die for, seriously, I am getting the recipe. And I thought I made awesome mashed potatoes but I was mistaken! I brought Snickers Apple Salad but I just realized I never even ate any of it! Everyone else's food took top priority. Here's a pic of Samuel after Thanksgiving Dinner, just because he's so dang cute.


Anyway, the boys got to play/fight with their cousins, because after all, what are cousins for right? haha... Auntie Jessica is adding another boy to the mix so we will have 6 boy cousins on the Larsen side. Come March, there will be a 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, and 0 year old boys! Yikes. Poor Cousin Kylie...the lone girl. Here's the only picture we managed to take with all 5 boys:


On Friday we took a trip to Cabazon, California, to visit the famed dinosaurs. We have seen them many a time on trips to the beach as we drive by, but never stopped. Now I can say that I have not only stood below these strange creatures, but have actually been INSIDE a dinosaur. I know. I'm awesome. Here's some pics of the dino-adventures.



This place had some really weird things going on, apparently it is run by some born again Christian type group, so they had lots of religious pamphlets and stuff, plus the dinosaurs, plus this random statue:

And they also had a place where you could go "panning for gold", or colored rocks. But we all had lots of fun and ate a picnic lunch afterwards, during which we tried again, unsuccessfully, to get a decent picture of the cousins together:


Another highlight of the trip was seeing the movie Twilight with my mother-in-law, and 4 sisters-in-law. I just love those girls... The first time I watched Twilight it was horrible. But this time around I had ZERO expectations since I already knew how crappy it was, especially compared to the books, which I LOVED. Anyway, I prepared my in-laws and we all went to see it together, and had a blast! We just laughed the entire time. Then afterwards we had fun re-enacting scenes and lines that were just so ridiculous. I think maybe I will buy the DVD when it comes out just for comedy purposes!

Well, that's all for now.

10 comments:

Denisse said...

You are sooo funny Christy!!!! You are always making me laugh! You really thought Twilight was that cheesy huh? I still have to watch it, if it's that bad may be I'll just wait to rent it...is it worth paying 11 bucks??? Snickers Apple salad? now that sounds gooooodddd!!!!!:) Glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving!!!:)

Denisse said...

That picture of Josh is cracking me up!!!:)

Denisse said...

BTW, you look really cute Christy, you've had 3 kids? really? What do you do? Do you work out all day long? you look way, way, cute!!!:)

Megan said...

I've been meaning to ask you how you felt about the Twilight books. You're my resident vampire expert friend!

I just read them all over Thanksgiving and found them entertaining enough. We went to see the movie first so I was prepared for the cheese of the books.

I guess that's the way to enjoy movies made from books...see the movie first and read the book second. It worked for Chris. He loves the HP movies while I usually just tolerate them. :)

Unknown said...

Fun pictures! We need one of all the kids together...if they would look at the camera. I know my little one would be one of them not paying attention.

Jenny said...

Hey Megan!!! (Jenny Bradford) I was asking Christy about you about 2 months ago I think, it might have been 3! I was wondering how you, Liz, Wendy and Sarah were!

I forgot Christy you were a vampire girl! I remember watching movies together during our jobless days in college!

I haven't read the books yet but I have my sisters begging me to!

Jenny said...

P.S Sorry I got so excited to see Megan's name I forgot to comment on the post.

That is a great picture of Josh, makes me laugh. So, what did the solider have to do with dinos? That is funny. I bet the kids had lots of fun! I can't believe you all have a 5-0 year old cousins. That is fun. They are going to have a blast when they get older! Looks like your niece will be well taken care of!

Anonymous said...

you run...

Stella said...

that looks like such a fun trip! I love the Dinosaurs!!! Have you seen the movie "Pee Wee Hermans Big Adventure?" They are in the dino park, lol! Ahh, that movie cracks me up. What is up with the random soldier?

motivated said...

Wow. I love the pic that looks like it's going to eat one of your sons up before he knows it's even behind him! You ARE pretty awesome! :)