Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Dear Old Navy,

I love you, but I’m going to have to kill you. You see, two days ago I received a little present in the mail from you. A new bill from a credit card that we had cancelled a year ago, or so I thought.

Now I know your employees sound oh-so-chipper on the phone, and they are probably wearing matching Old Navy sweaters they just bought for $24.50, and singing little songs from your obnoxious commercials in between phone calls. But when I spent hours on the phone with them last year dealing with other fraudulent charges, and then kindly ask them to cancel the card completely to avoid more identify theft, well, I guess I expected too much.

Imagine my surprise when I opened my mail 2 days ago to find a new bill with brand new fraudulent charges. And although I’m sure the person who rang up $200 worth of girls clothing on our card must have been in dire need, I have all boys, Old Navy. So clearly, this is not acceptable. And since I can’t afford to buy my OWN children clothing from your store, well I certainly am not going to pay for some little girl in Ohio to walk around school dressed to impress.

Thank you for assuring me that the charges would be dealt with, we would not be held responsible, and for canceling the credit card. Again.

Now I won’t keep away from you forever. Because let’s face it, I love that in your store I wear a size 6, when in the rest of the free world I clearly do not. And really, who doesn’t need a little self-esteem boost every now and again? But be warned, you are on notice Old Navy.

Sincerely,
Christy

6 comments:

LBP said...

Dear Christy,

My little girls LOVE the clothes you bought them at Old Navy. They are so popular now. Thanks for saving so much on groceries so you can buy us clothes.

Love - The Theif

EWWW! You better be sending them that letter!

motivated said...

Oh my gosh! Christy, I'd be livid!!!! AaaaaahH!!!!! They BETTER cancel your card now!

And yes, I hate it when people I really like don't blog. :( I'm glad you do though!

Unknown said...

You tell em sister! My mom banned their store a few weeks ago when she went to get a shirt for Neil (14 y.o. w/down syndrome) and it had a cute lay of flowers on it. Upon closer observation it said "I got laid". Totally inappropriate for a child to wear.... Tactless move Old Navy.

wendy said...

i love it! You tell em sister!

Jenny said...

Okay, Matthew and I are laughing so hard! You crack up me!!!

Anonymous said...

We have some idiot buying songs from Napster on our credit card every other month some how. Even when we CANCEL our card and get a completely new one with a completely different number... some how this person in New Jersey finds out our information and uses it. Luckily we'll have our credit card bill completely paid off in November where we can cancel it entirely instead of just having a new card sent to us. I hate everyone.