Friday, August 26, 2011

Am I Insane?

Maybe. In 2 days my oldest child will turn 8 years old. Yes yes, I can't believe it either. But what I can't believe EVEN MORE is that I was crazy enough to convince him to have his very first "friend" birthday party. Yes, you read that right. He's never had a friend birthday party, and I had to CONVINCE him to have one. He didn't want to do it and I made him do it. Of course now he's excited, the invited have been sent out, the RSVP's (sort of ) RSVP-ed, and there's no backing out! I am stressed to the max! The party is tomorrow.

I just have to keep reminding myself:
1. I have planned for every possible scenario (seriously, every possible one. It's a little ridiculous.)
2. It's only 1 1/2 hours long.
3. It WILL be fun.
4. I'm doing this for my son, so he can have fun with his friends.
5. And lastly, I have my supply of migraine meds waiting for me at home when the party is over.


2 comments:

Denisse said...

ha ha! You crack me up Christy! Can't wait to hear how it went. I'm sure it was a success!:)

~Niki~ said...

my kids are the same way. i think i've only had 2 actual kid parties. mine are from 18 down to 8 *4 kids*.
Fine by me. Parties with tons of kids gives me a migraine too. LOL. Glad I found you. I'm in Mesa! :)