Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pet Peeve #1

I will begin a series of posts listing my pet peeves, in a ranting/raving style. They are in no particular order, just as I think of them to share with all you wonderful blog readers. Enjoy!

Pet Peeve #1: Grown Men Who Are Obsessed With Video Games.


Seriously? What is up with these guys? It's one thing to have enjoyed The Legend of Zelda or Mario Bros. when you were in Elementary or Junior High School. But quite another to be spending your adult time playing freaky weirdo games like World of Warcraft or whatever it may be. Newsflash: You are an adult. Stop wasting your money (or yours and your wife's) money on video games and systems. Do something productive. Go back to school. Get a second job. Read a book. Watch some football. Help your wife clean the house or take care of the children. DO SOMETHING ELSE! Anything else. Because seriously? Video games? Come on now...nothing spells L-O-S-E-R like a grown man obsessed with playing them.

P.S. Josh does not play them and for that, I am so grateful.
P.P.S. If your hubby does, I'm sorry. (not sorry about this post, just sorry he plays them!)

7 comments:

Rachel Hanchett said...

I agree 100% 6 month after we got married and foudn out I was prego with Rory, Mike got into World of Warcraft and it drove me crazy! He played for a while but realized what a waste it was and gave it up thankfully but his brother is so into it it is sad!

Unknown said...

AMEN!!!!

Jenny said...

lol!! You are so funny!

Anonymous said...

I don't mind games we can play together like Rock Band because I am a little geeky about that... but I'm am SO tired of my husband's XBOX that I just may throw it in the great salt lake soon.

Megan said...

Right on, Christy! Chris and I both hate video games, with the exception of my family's Wii tournaments that can be very fun, and kind of use it as a guide as to how good of friends he's going to be with another dude: if the dude asks him to come over and play video games, we know it's not going to work out! LOL

Stella said...

I totally agree! Well, except that I personally am addicted to my Wii. Well, only Super Mario Galaxy. And it drives.jeff.nuts.

But I agree...that WoW can really mess up peoples lives!

Anonymous said...

i have a job...