Friday, October 21, 2011

A Man's Man

Yesterday I volunteered in J.J.'s class and was filing these short stories in a filing cabinet that his class had written.  The topic was something like "What I would do if I went to a ball" or something to that effect.  The girls all had these elaborate stories including what color their dresses would be, how a prince would come pick them up, take them out to dinner, they would dance all night, etc.  A few of the boys even had details like being picked up in a limo, and having a fancy dinner or whatnot.  It was actually quite impressive!

The majority of the boys however had stories like my boy.  And when I got to his, I had to take a picture.  If I was smart and knew how to operate my dumb phone (and it is literally a dumb phone) I could post this pic.  Instead I will write his story out for your reading pleasure.  Don't worry, it won't take me long.

"First I would get a suit and throw it on me.  Next I would go to the party.  Then I would eat dinner and go to bed."

Yup, definitely a man's man.

The funny thing was that the next story I had to file was a Halloween story and he filled the entire page with details about bloody zombies and graves and skeletons and the like.  At least I know he has writing skills when the subject interests him!

2 comments:

just call me jo said...

He has his priorities right. You bet.

Denisse said...

ha ha! boys...they are very simple!

BTW...have i told you before how much i love coming to your blog and seeing that little animated picture of you rocking that little baby? it warms my heart!:)