Wednesday, July 6, 2011

All about Trey!

I don't know where to start to catch up so I'll start where I left off. Trey turned 6 years old! I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday he looked like this:
Now he's huge! For some reason I can't find any pictures of his cake. Oh well, I'm sure it wasn't anything special because a cake decorator I most certainly AM NOT. J.J. was very excited to get him this shirt though:
He also scored a Lego set (which Josh and I spent over an hour putting together...) some Bakugans, and other stuff I can't remember now but I'm sure I have stepped on and put away 1,000 times by now. :)

A few days later he had a singing program at school. For weeks beforehand I heard him singing the songs at home non-stop. The day of the program arrives...and he stood up there and didn't sing the ENTIRE time! My little charismatic boy sat there like a statue and I have it all on film. But he sure was cute!
Honestly it's the ADHD medication. It calms him down so he is manageable at school...but also makes him very nervous/anxious and he loses some of his "stage presence" if you will. Here's a cute shot of him and his teacher from this year. They had some ups and downs but they survived. I think they learned a lot from each other this year and he has since told me he misses her. Aw...
After the program that day we got out earlier than normal and were able to spontaneously join J.J. at his school for lunch! We hadn't been able to do that all year because the exact time I had to pick up Trey from school was the exact of J.J.'s lunch so it never worked out. So we surprised J.J., which was also good because this will be Trey's school next year and he was able to see what eating lunch at school will be like. J.J. got to pick some friends to eat with.
I love this next picture because even though J.J. was surrounded by his friends, he still was happy to see Trey and wasn't too embarrassed to hang out with him. They really are best friends. Sheesh, I'm almost getting teary eyed even looking at this picture right now!
Anyway, I had a lot of fun volunteering in Trey's class this past year when I could fit it in between work, etc. He struggled a lot in the beginning of the year but I think really surprised everyone in the end! (not me though, I knew he was a little smarty pants and just needed to adjust!) I love my Trey.

2 comments:

just call me jo said...

Our Blakers takes medication too. He had the same result at his singing at K graduation. At least Trey smiles and looks attentive. Blake kind of chews his nails and looks like a deer in the headlights when he is in front of groups. I know how you feel about Trey. So proud when you know what a struggle it is. I love his success.

wendy said...

It's the little things, right? He is such a cutie! Glad he got better at school.
Love the pic of him and JJ---ADORABLE!!