Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summertime and the living is NOT easy...

In fact, it has been kind of stressful!  

sometime between 5:30-6:30: The boys wake up with a vengeance.   I long for the day when they will sleep in.  

6:30-10:00:  A lot of yelling, screaming, fighting, watching cartoons, eating as much cereal as humanly possible, and spilling as much cereal as humanly possible ALL over the place.

Sometime before 10:00: I do laundry, dishes, vacuuming, general cleaning of messes, breaking up of fights, etc.  I also run.  Oh dear sweet treadmill, how I hate you.  But running outside in AZ summer weather is not an option.

10:00: I pull my hair out while I get all 3 boys ready for swimming lessons.  Swimsuits, sunblock, towels, ear plugs, blah blah blah.

10:35-11:05: Swimming lessons.  "S" proceeds to scream and refuse to do anything he's supposed to do in our "Mommy & Me" swimming class.  But at least I'm in the water and not sweating poolside!

(Yes, I swear that giant floppy hat, and nothing less than SPF 50 at all times.  I'm anti-tanning.  I don't care if I look ridiculous!)

11:00-12:00: I take the boys to the junior high across the street from the pool to FREE LUNCH for kids under age 18!  Yes, the food is disgusting, but it's free.  The boys call it the "restaurant" and they LOVE it.  Probably because they've only been to a real restaurant a couple of times in their lives.  

12:00 - 1:00:  Rush home and I shower.  Boys get dressed.

1:00:  I take "B" to his summer camp program.

1:15:  Rush home, put "T" and "S" down for a nap.

1:30 - 3:00:  I transcribe my fingers off, and try not to fall asleep.

3:00-5:30:  "T" and "S" wake up and yell, scream, fight, watch cartoons and make messes while I try to finish my transcription work.

5:30:  Load up "T" and "S", go pick up "B" from his summer day camp program.

6:00:  Think to myself, CRAP it's dinnertime!  Throw something together and feed my family.

6:30 - 7:30:  More screaming/fighting/mess-making.

7:30:  BEDTIME!!  Oh sweet sweet bedtime.  How do I love thee?  Let me count the ways.  

I love how it's finally QUIET!  


p.s. 27 days till school starts



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What?!!! You get to shower during the day?????
You know, the boys could walk up the street to play with their cousins after their nap, if you got that house. You type in peace and quiet. We could tag team dinners.
I'm just sayin.....

Unknown said...

BTW... you look cute in your big floppy hat!

wendy said...

ok now i'm worn out after reading that! I'm amazed that you have the energy to get your buns on the treadmill! You go girl! I love that hat, where did you get it? I saw on i liked on self magazine and it was $65. I'm not that crazy, but i do need a cute big floppy hat!

Unknown said...

You are super mom! I am anti-tanning too, looking good is so not worth the skin cancer, aging, etc. Hang in there - school is around the corner!

Anonymous said...

Oh, so familiar, but minus the transcription work!! I love it too because I know you're not complaining, it's just the way it is. I've latley been reminding myself this is only a portion of our sweet lifes with our kids, and it too shall pass!! You rock!

P.S. I was crazy and went running this afternoon, just got home about 30 mins ago, YEAH, crazy hot, but secretly I do like that I sweated, like dripping off of me like a facuet and I made it home! But oh how I wish I had a treadmill like you! You know, when I am feeling not so crazy.

Unknown said...

You are my idol!! I have felt a lot like that lately. It's a good thing we love our kids because I'm sure both you and I would have ran away by now ;)

By the way, you look so cute in that hat!!