Saturday, July 17, 2010

Sisterly Bonding!

There are big age gaps between me and my 2 sisters.  9 and 14 years to be exact.  To be honest, I felt like more of a mother figure to them when I lived at home!  Even more mind blowing to me, my baby sister doesn't even REMEMBER me living at home.  How weird is that?  I guess she was 4 years old when I left for college but still...that's pretty weird.  

So it has always been important to me to try to strengthen the sisterly bond.  With Nikki this was pretty easy.  I was her confidante while she was in high school, her sounding board, the one she could tell anything to.  This may have been hard at times because like I said, I felt like more of a mother to her growing up.  But I would have killed to have a big sister to go to for advice when I was young and reckless!  Not that Nikki was reckless, in fact she turned out pretty dang good!  But I think you know what I mean, big sisters can be a lifesaver!  

Nikki and I have stayed close, especially now that she's married and lives a few miles away.  But what about Sari?  How do I forge a bond with her since I'm so old and have 3 kids?!  (let's face it, 31 years old is ANCIENT when you're 17 and have your whole life ahead of you!)   

First, we have officially started SISTERS' NIGHT.  What do we do at SISTERS' NIGHT?  I'll tell you what.  We do this:

That's right, we have Easy Cheese fun!  Just look at this work of art by yours truly:

My name was so long I had to use a double waffle pretzel.  

Then we do fun things like watch the best movies ever.  Like this little gem:

That my friends, is one of the best movies ever made.  Don't believe me?  Watch it!  (if you can find it)

Anyway, my point is this.  Huge age gaps mean NOTHING when it comes to your sisters being your best friends!  All you need is some Easy Cheese, and a cheesy movie.

5 comments:

nikki said...

I forgot to tell you, Matt bought me the White Wolves dvd for 94 CENTS!!

Unknown said...

I agree! I don't know what I'd do w/o my sisters. My oldest is 8 years older than me and my baby sis is 8 years younger but really.... age doesn't matter. All 5 of us are best friends. I think I think about it daily how lucky I am to have them. They are the ones I know will always be there and love me no matter what. I'm happy you are doing that with your sis's. <3

Pooh said...

i love this movie-mark paul gosselar from saved by the bell!!

Anonymous said...

So this is SUPER random! I had a dream the other night that I ran into you, while running, you were running too, haha and you told me you were pregnant! You had just had a baby and then were pregnant again and you looked so good, I was asking you, what have you been doing and all that and you were just SO HAPPY you were pregnant! haha...now, I guess you can now be happy it was just a dream, and it was mine, for some weird reason! haha. Hope you're doing well!!

wendy said...

what a great idea! sister are the best!