Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Summer Summer Summertime!

Since it is now officially Summer here...well, not "officially" since that's not till June 20 something...but still it's over 100 degrees outside and we live in the desert so I think that qualifies it as Summer in these parts.  Anyway, I have decided to try to be positive and come up with things I like about Summer.  Because really, I hate Summer.  I hate the heat, I hate the clothes that don't hide my fat, I hate the kids being out of school and bored, I hate dragging all 3 boys to the store with me, I hate my obsession with covering every square inch of me and my boys with sunblock, I hate the air conditioning bill...  

Wait, was this supposed to be a positive post?  Oh yeah...

So anyway, I have thought of ONE thing I like about Summer today, and that is NOT taking the kids to school!  I know right?  Sounds contradictory to my earlier complaining.  But seriously.  For the last 10 months, I have been driving B to school 5 days a week and picking him up after school.  For T, I have been doing the same 3 days a week.  This involved lots of rushing, yelling, planning, crying, migraines, etc.  

So.

This week I have come to the realization I like having NOWHERE TO GO all day long!  No one to get ready, no one to rush, nowhere to be.  My boys have worn their PJ's or swimsuits all day long all week long, and I don't care.  

Yay for Summertime!  

12 comments:

Denisse said...

Enjoy your summer of not driving kids around! And it's good that you get obsessive about your kids wearing sunscreen! I bet you can really, really get burned in AZ!!!

Stella said...

Really? I friggin love summer! It is the most wonderful time of the year. :D

Angela said...

Stella are you sure you remember our Arizona summer times? I am with you Christy. I find it hard to enjoy this time of the year. All i can think about it how crazy hot it is.

~Penny~ said...

I love summer. Granted I live in the Northeast where it is amazing. The beaches, the vineyards, the boating, the hiking in Vermont, the....

oh, wait. Was that mean?

I think you should come visit and we can do those fun things:)

Unknown said...

Way to be positive!! lol

Kim said...

Just be glad you don't have a son that plays high school football and has practice 4 days a week at 5:30 AM, yes AM!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Christy, I live in Vegas, so I definately feel you on the hating of summer! I prefer to layer my clothes so my rolls are a little less noticable. =) The heat is UNBAREABLE! I have lived here my whole life and I will never get used to the misery that is summer. Thanks for letting me know that I am not alone in this. (my husband prefers summer) blah!

wendy said...

I hear ya! Mornings are the worst for me! Summer will be a nice break!

Unknown said...

If there is anything that gets you through all of this....try to remember our beach trip :)

Jenny said...

My sister, Lindsey just moved to AZ and she is dying the the heat!

My kids got out of school on Wednesday of last week and I am loving not feeling so rushed in the mornings and at bed time. It makes me A LOT LESS STRESSED! I love it!

P.S. I hate summer clothes too! I have been on the hunt for shirts for months and have yet found anything. I am still wearing my bleached stained T-shirts with small holes at the bottom. Believe it or no the hole were not there when I bought them! :)

Anonymous said...

I always feel like I am yelling and rushing to get out of the house and most of the time it's not even because I have to be somewhere on time, but more like it's only 90's degree out, let's hurry! Or, okay baby's clean and fed, I have one hour before she gets up, let's go, go, go! Then 8 AM church is a whole other story, as you know :) And whatever about your "rolls" and wearing baggy clothes. You look great and you lost all your baby weight after your last boy. Enjoy it girl, we only live once in these bodies! Well, here's to a wonderful HOT summer in the desert!

~Penny~ said...

Umm.....are your boys holding you hostage??

Just checkin in to make sure you are alive!