Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Autopilot?

The other day, I drove my son to school, and have no idea how I got there.  Seriously.

Has anybody ever noticed this phenomenon?  You're driving along, the radio is on, the traffic is normal, etc.  Then suddenly, you're like, "Wait, how did I get here?!"  Now I know this sounds scary, but hear me out.  At least once a week, I will drive on autopilot.  In other words, I will drive to my destination, and have no idea how I got there.  I don't know if I hit any red lights, if I changed lanes, if I followed the speed limit, nothing!  It's like, I drifted off into la-la land for the last 5-10 minutes.  But yet, there I am, my car is intact, I didn't get in an accident, no cops are chasing me.  

I doubt I am the only one.  Please validate me.

8 comments:

Quader's said...

Oh I have arrived at work several time that way :)

Holly said...

You've been validated. I do that quite often!

~Penny~ said...

Validated!

I agree. That at least twice a week, I arrive at work get into a parking spot and look at my clock and realize that x amount of time went by. How does that happen?

It gives me the chills because I am amazed I haven't blown a light and gotten slammed yet.

So creepy...

Unknown said...

Do it all the time. I was actually talking to Cody about this yesterday. It's so weird.

Jenny said...

I have whole days like this!! LOL! I lay in bed and am thinking what did I do today...

Denisse said...

Scott and I have talked about this before! It happens to both of us all the time! So yes, you are validated!!!:)

Cammie said...

Yeah, you're not the only one. Kinda weirds ya out, huh?

wendy said...

My mom used to say out car just knew the way to Basha's and she didn't even mean to go there (to get her pepsi-diet/pepsi w/crushed ice). Only Basha's had the good crushed ice.