Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Cookie vs. the Sprinkle Bomb

You know the tradition right? Baking cookies for Santa? Well, for someone who REALLY hates messes, this simple tradition is very difficult for me. I try to take deep breaths! I try not to think about an entire bottle of sprinkles being dumped on one cookie. I try not to think about the gooey frosting wiped all over the counter, under the counter, and on everyone's clothes. I try not to think about frosting/sprinkle/cookie crumb mess all over the kitchen floor. I try not to think about the clean up afterwards.

I can't say I'm successful, but I can say I still managed to enjoy it!

And I think they enjoyed it too.

Samuel created what I would consider to be a "sprinkle bomb". (I stole this term from another fellow blogger!)

Mmm...yummy!

If there's one way to describe Josh, it's that he "thinks outside the box". He will never do what is expected. And that includes decorating cookies. Most people when they are given a bell shaped cookie, or a Christmas tree shaped cookie, will decorate it to be a bell, or a tree. Right? Not Josh.

Josh will take that bell and tree, turn them upside down, and make Rudolph and a carrot. Last year, he turned a snowman shaped cookie into... I just love him! Never a dull day.

All in all, we had a pretty successful run! We even have our cookies set aside for Santa. Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

just call me jo said...

I hate messes too. You done good, mom. The cookies are wonderful and will be memories for your kids forever.

Claire said...

Glad to know the sprinkle bomb doesn't just exist at my house. Your cookies turned out great! I especially love Josh's take on the decorating. We may have to try to be a little more creative next year.

Holly said...

hehehehe! How cute...all of it!