Saturday, September 22, 2007

Turn Baby, Turn!!

So yesterday I had my weekly dr. appt., since I'm now 36 weeks pregnant (woohoo!) and found out that my little boy is breech, double footling breech to be exact. Dr. wants to do a C-section at 38 1/2 weeks if baby boy does not turn by then, because if my water happens to break beforehand on its own...than one or more of the baby's feet will just pop out right then. Freaky right? Yeah, I think so too.

I DO NOT want a C-section, so I've been looking online and doing all these crazy things to try to get the baby to turn on his own. Like...laying at an angle with my hips up above my head, and putting a frozen bag of veggies up near where his head is. Supposedly the baby will not like the cold by his head, and flip around to get away from the cold. It all sounds kind of hokey to me, but I'm willing to try almost anything!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Kori Ann said...

EEEK!!!! I am sorry. I hope that baby turns. And fast! I have heard of doctors turning the baby, but I don't know how that works. Can he try that?

Unknown said...

Yikes! I hope everything works out. Keep us updated.